Monday, September 14, 2015

Persuasive writing #2

WALT persuade other students to agree with our opinion.  This the purpose for my writing.
Success Criteria:
  1. I plan for a writing task
  2. I write a variety of sentence lengths with different sentence starters
  3. Give reasons with detail - use specific words
  4. I write most topic and high frequency words correctly.
  5. I use capital letters, full stops, question marks and exclamation marks correctly.
  6. Use persuasive language


School days should start later


In my opinion I think that school days should start later.


In my opinion if school started later people wouldn't be late for school. Another point is if school started later people wouldn’t miss out on their learning or important instructions.  Another reason is you don’t  need to switch your etap from ? to L anymore (L means late and ? means away or don’t know where he or she is)


For example: If you had something important on at 8.00 you wouldn't be late because if school started at 9.00 it wouldn’t matter much.  I think 9.00 is a good time because a parent is really forgetful and can forget the time because 8.45 is a really random number, but if it was 9.00 they probably won’t forget because because it is the first number.         


Another reason is that if somebody forgot their library book and their mum and dad went to work at 8.30am and then there mum could quickly get it for he or she without being late for work.  Therefore if somebody forgot their book packet and it was 8.40 there nana or dad or mum could quickly drop it of.

And that is why school days should start later.

1 comment:

  1. That's a really good argument sasa!! Well done:)

    ReplyDelete